Project #1 ~ Chemise with Ruffle
While this is not my first project by any means it’s the first I’m tracking here. Yay! Now for the monumental let down…it’s a chemise. I’ve been dying to modify on so it has a bit of ruffle at the sleeve and neck.
It’s very simple and basic. The only difference is that instead of just foling the edges over and pasing elastic or ribbon though I’ll be folding a bit more over, say one inch, and stitching two rows. The ribbon will be passed between the two rows of stitching with the top part becoming the ruffle.
So the end product should look something like this:
I’m going to be using 5 yards of tea-dyed 100% cotton muslin. I didn’t dye this myself but bought it this way thanks to Joann Fabrics for about $1.79/yard. I’ve washed and dried it on hot to make sure the next time I put it though as a finished garment it won’t shrink on me before anything. Then I’ve ironed it all out to make sure when I’m cutting it will come out even.
Right now have everything cut out and pinned together and am going to sew it today. I’ll take pictures soon!
Categories: Chemise, Ruffle